Monday, May 2, 2011

All moved in!!!!



Well we finally closed on our house on April 21st. We've got everything moved in, but not quite unpacked yet. Reed LOVES doing all the home maintenance things, cleaning the pool, watering the yard, trimming the hedges, cleaning up all the overgrowth from the house being vacant for two years. He loves being outside in a yard that is finally OURS, he's really taking a lot of pride in all the work he's done.

We spend many evenings out on the back deck, chatting and deciding what we want to do next with our home, one such evening Reed decided to sweep the pollen off the roof.... well then he started looking at our vine covered chimney.


Still in his nice clothes from the day, the man decides he's going to clear it off! Then he got to the tree that the vines had originally climbed before they reached the roof.


Couple hours and a couple beers later, pristine tree and chimney!


The next day this same urge struck him for the front of the house

Before...



AFTER!!!
I'm quite impressed with my handyman.


Luckily we got everything in the house before my melanoma surgery on April 27th. Since the surgery I'm doing ok, not good, not bad... just ok. Aside from nursing me back to health Reed still can not seem to sit still. So Thursday the 28th, while I laid on the couch, he painted our first wall.



We'll end up painting the entire house... it's currently all WHITE. But all in due time...
I promise I was actually quite productive with this house before my surgery.... but since then, I make a really good photographer!



1 comment: